With new threats, constantly evolving regulations, and the need to secure increasingly decentralized environments, keeping your organization safe and compliant keeps getting more complex. This year, COVID-19 has impacted all of us in multiple ways—including in how we think about and manage security.
Google Cloud Next ‘20: OnAir has a range of sessions on ways we can help secure your organization in today’s new normal. If you haven’t registered yet, no problem. Just head to the Next OnAir website and you’re ready to go.
Security week starts with our welcome session where you’ll get an overview of what’s to come. Then, be sure to check out our solution keynote, A Better, Safer Normal, where we’ll look at how you can operate securely and simply in this new security reality we’re facing.
This year features over 20 security sessions—all going live at 9am Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 4—so there’s sure to be something for every security professional.
Data Protection and Customer Controls
These sessions provide best practices and tips to help you ensure the confidentiality and privacy of your sensitive data. While they have a focus on encryption and key management options, we’ll also present options for data discovery, classification, and anonymization.
- Confidential Computing: The Next Frontier In Data Protection: Learn about Confidential Computing and how it’s enabling the shift to private, encrypted services where organizations can be confident that their data stays private and isn’t exposed to cloud providers or their own insiders.
- Cloud HSM Deep Dive and Best Practices: Cloud HSM has enjoyed fast growth since its 2018 debut. See what’s coming up next in this deep dive.
- The New World of Controlling Your Data in the Cloud: Cloud External Key Manager and Key Access Justifications: Need to retain tight control over access to your data? Learn more about these products and how they can help you solve your security and compliance challenges.
- Managing Sensitive Data in Hybrid Environments: Learn how Google Cloud Data Loss Prevention can help you manage data, focusing on support for inspection of content in hybrid environments.
Threat Prevention, Detection, and Response
Preventing threats—whether you’re operating in the cloud, on-prem, or in a hybrid model—is a huge part of almost any security practitioner’s job. Check out these sessions to improve your organization’s threat preparedness.
- Take Control of Security with Cloud Security Command Center: See how Cloud SCC can help you prevent, detect, and respond to threats in your Google Cloud environment.
- How You Can Protect Your Web Sites and Applications with Google Cloud Armor: Learn what the latest Cloud Armor announcements mean for you, complete with real-life examples and case studies.
- Protect Your Customers from Phishing, Malware, Fraud, and Hijacking with Google Cloud User Protection Suite Powered by Google Safe Browsing and reCAPTCHA: Keeping your users safe is job 1. This session shows how you can reduce online fraud with reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Web Risk API.
- Scale-Up to Your Security Telemetry: Take an in-depth look at how to use Chronicle, our cloud-native security analytics system built on core Google infrastructure and fed by a massive threat database to be better prepared for threats.
Identity & Access Management
Identity and access management is one of the key control points in the cloud. These sessions detail the ways you can make sure that the right users have access to the right resources to get their jobs done.
- Getting Started With BeyondCorp: A Deeper Look into IAP: Check out this session to understand why your company may need to adopt a new, zero-trust security model and how to get started.
- Using Policy Intelligence to Achieve Least Privilege Access: See how to improve visibility into who has access to what, quickly resolve access control issues, and discover best practices for putting tight controls around your cloud resources to increase security and reduce risk.
- Uber Presents: Minimizing Permissions Using IAM Recommender: Learn how Uber integrated IAM Recommender with their security hardening pipeline to tighten IAM policies, then look into best practices for improving your IAM without increasing your workload.
- Advanced IAM: Hacks, Tips, and Tricks for Policy Management: Take a deep-dive into access policy management in IAM, with advanced topics like avoiding policy change conflicts through concurrency control, policy attachment point discovery, client library usage, and more.
- Deep-Dive: Google Cloud’s Managed Microsoft AD and Applications: Get back on the board for another deep dive, this time into the Google Cloud Managed Service for Microsoft Active Directory.
- Authentication for Anthos Clusters: Dry off and take a walk through how to authenticate to Anthos clusters, including how to integrate with your identity providers using protocols such as OIDC and LDAP, then check out some hybrid-cloud scenarios to see how to leverage existing authentication tools with Anthos.
Our productivity and collaboration tools help teams work better together. These sessions will provide you with a blueprint on how G Suite secures your data, and the controls you have to do even more.
- Keep Hackers Out: A Use-case-led Approach to G Suite Security: Take a deep dive into the security use-cases that customers can solve with G Suite: What do I do if I detect a phishing incident? Looks like a device is compromised, how do I go about remediating? How can I find out who is sharing what outside the organization?
- No User Left Behind: Empowering Collaboration with Security: Enable seamless security to ensure that G Suite users can access data safely and securely while preserving individual trust and privacy.
Security and compliance are among the first topics that companies face when considering moving workloads to public clouds. These sessions provide the best practices and technology you need to help meet your compliance obligations.
- Master Security and Compliance in the Public Cloud: Discuss how customers and Google work together to be able to deploy workloads that must meet regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Building Trust Through Customer Collaboration: Learn how our Cloud Trust team engages with customers to ensure you can confidently adopt our products, whether through pooled audits, contractual commitments, or even a walk through of one of our global data centers.
- Security, Privacy, and Compliance Solutions for Healthcare: Take a detailed look at how Google Cloud can help healthcare organizations address the many challenges they’re facing and improve the security and governance of their systems while efficiently migrating to the cloud.
- Mission Possible: Moving Your Most Sensitive Data to GCP: With Assured Workloads, you can move your most sensitive data to Google Cloud while configuring data location controls, administrative access controls, and encryption parameters. Check out this session to learn how.
When you’re done with your sessions, be sure to check out the Security Week recap, and keep visiting the blog for more security content.
Read More for the details.